Position: Tender Estimator
The Liftsafe Group of Companies is looking to add a tender estimator to the team! The selected candidate will monitor bidding sites and identify potential opportunities for the Group to bid on and win work. S/He will work closely with several departments to prepare bid documents that contain comprehensive and accurate cost estimates for projects the Group is interested in.
Duties of this Role Will Include:
- Daily review of various bidding websites – MERX, Biddingo, etc., to identify opportunities for the Group, both in fabrication/installation and service provider contracts.
- Review proposal specifications and preliminary drawings for the field to determine the scope of work and determine the quantity of materials and labour required for the project (takeoff process) and any other factors that may impact the overall cost.
- Complete full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing
- Analyzes site conditions, specifications, safety requirements, security requirements, and takeoff quantities and determines the optimum equipment and safety required for the project.
- Solicit pricing from vendors and suppliers for equipment, in order to ascertain the lowest price.
- Work closely with engineering and field service departments to produce accurate cost estimates.
- Coordinate final proposal deliverables with sales and marketing.
- Compare bid drawings to construction drawings to price out any changes.
- Recalculate estimates in response to any client/architectural specification changes, as required
- Implement estimating best practice and procedures to ensure consistency in estimating deliverables to projects
- Track win-loss history for all tenders.
- Track actual performance vs. estimated performance for all won tenders
- Other duties as assigned
Your Qualifications Include:
- Post-Secondary degree or diploma in engineering, Construction Technology or equivalent technical field required
- 1-2 years’ experience in construction, fabrication, field or any project estimating.
- Familiar or ability to learn estimating concepts, practices and procedures including conceptual estimating, spatial ability, cost analysis, mathematical skills, and project design scopes.
- Excellent problem solving, strong analytical critical and creative thinking skills, self-motivated and results-driven.
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity, take-off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid procedures
- Knowledge of Cost Estimating principles
- Knowledge in structural steel fabrication, connections and erection practices an asset
- Knowledge of field safety, cranes, equipment, and union requirements
- Able to read drawings and models
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Detail Oriented – thorough in all details
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, strong analytical critical and creative thinking skills, self-motivated and results-driven
This is an ideal role for someone with experience in structural steel estimating, service provider estimating and/or someone who has strong experience in the safety industry.
You Will Benefit From:
- Ongoing sales training and professional development
- Comprehensive training from industry experts.
- Company benefits including health and dental coverage
Liftsafe Engineering welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
To apply please submit your resume to email@example.com with Tender Estimator in the subject line.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however, we will be reaching out only to those who match our requirements.
It is the policy of R&D Ergo Ltd. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law. R&D Ergo Ltd. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.